XenServer: Add/Remove Network Interface.
- xe vm-list
- Copy the uuid for the VM you want to remove the interface.
- xe vif-list vm-uuid=<vm-uuid>
- Copy the uuid for the vif you want to destroy.
- xe vif-destroy uuid=<vif-uuid>
- xe list-network (you can add "name-label=<label>" if you know the networks name, in my case Bond 0+1)
- Copy the networks uuid.
- xe vif-create network-uuid=<network-uuid> vm-uuid=<vm-uuid> device=#
See above for how to find the VM's uuid, for device replace # with the device number, you can find a list of supported VIF devices by typing "xe vm-param-list uuid=<vm-uuid> | more" and looking for allowed-VIF-devices, if theres no interface currently on the VM you will most likely use 0.
As for why you would want to do all of this...well, sometimes you either don't have access to XenCenter, or it decides it doesn't want to play, it's always a good idea to bring your own ball.